Explore Lough Corrib in style on-board ‘Cranki’, our Italian built 40ft luxury motor-yacht. Guests will be treated to un-spoiled views of Lough Corrib and surrounding mountains while on their private charter. Choose from enclosed canopy or ‘wind in your hair’ experience. Guests can choose to cruise at high speed or a more leisurely pace. We welcome guests to bring to bring picnic & extra refreshments if desired. (Available from Ashford Castle / The Lodge at Ashford Castle).
The ‘Full Day Package’ is an ideal charter for guests who want to maximize their time on the boat and cruise for as long as possible. In addition to the features of our other trips, guests will travel to Maam Bridge where they can relax at Keane’s of Maam. This area is, without doubt, the most scenic and picturesque section of Lough Corrib.
- Trip lasts no less than 6 hours (can be reduced / increased if required)
- Up to 8 guests
- Meet at Lisloughrey Harbour. (Guests of Ashford Castle / The Lodge at Ashford Castle, may, at the discretion of the hotel, request complimentary shuttle service)
- Guests will be introduced to the captain & the boat and given a brief history of the surrounding area
- Depart Lisloughrey Harbour en-route to Ashford Castle. Stop at Ashford Castle Bay for photos and historical talk of the castle
- Depart Ashford Castle at high-speed to Inchagoill island
- Boat lands on Inchagoill Island. A private walking tour is provided where guests get to see the 5th & 12th century (and modern) ruins. A full historical talk about the island / monasteries is provided. More energetic guests can participate in a 45 minute nature trail walk.
- Prosecco reception upon return from the walk
- After departing Inchagoill island, the boat heads West, in the direction of the Maamturk mountains. A 30 min high-speed cruise brings the guests through beautiful scenery with mountains trailing right down to the water’s edge
- Guests arrive at Maam Bridge and retreat to “Keane’s of Maam” where guests can relax with a complimentary toasted sandwich & pint
- Once guests are happy to return to Lisloughrey Harbour, a high-speed cruise via North shore & Ashford Castle will have the guests back at Lisloughrey Harbour in about 40 minutes
Click on image for full-size map